– What inspired you to write your first novel?
I wrote short stories and poems for years. I started a lot of stories as well, but never finished them. I don’t know what made me decide to finally sit down and write a full-length novel. Honestly, I think I just had more time on my hands and made myself stick with it until the story was done. Hmm. That is kind of anticlimactic, isn’t it? Sigh.
– What books/authors have inspired your life most?
This is probably going to sound odd, but…none. I mean, I’m sure there are some that have inspired me on a subconscious level, but none that stick out in my mind. Music inspires me more than anything. I love it and I can’t write without it.
– Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?
All self-published authors. I wasn’t going to do anything with my books except keep writing them, but then one of my friends shared an article with me about self-published authors that later got book deals. So I decided to self-publish and see where it would take me.
– What book(s) are you reading now?
None! Gasp! I just finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I have been wanting to read something, but I don’t know what. So I just write. It’s terrible. Ha ha.
– Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Amy Harmon, Penelope Douglas, Melissa Andrea, Marie Wathen, Beth Michele, Juli Valenti, Candace Knoebel, Felicia Tatum, Colleen Hoover, and Amy McGuire are the first to pop into my head.
– What are your current writing projects?
I am working on the sequel to Incomplete, scheduled to release in spring 2014.
– What would we find you doing when you’re not at the keyboard?
Yelling at my kids. I mean…spending time with my kids, reading, watching movies, facebooking, walking, shopping, etc. etc. I also like to camp in the summer months and hibernate in the winter months.
– What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?
I am extremely versatile, with my reading and writing. There is no subject I won’t read/write about, other than erotica. Can’t do that. My grandma reads my books.
– If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?
Hmm. Well, a little of me is in all of them to begin with, but…man…I wouldn’t want to be any of them. They’re messed up.
– I’m a potential new fan. Sell me your book in ten words or less.
If you don’t read my books, you will regret it.
Top ten books
Red by Erica Spindler
Charade by Sandra Brown
Slammed by Colleen Hoover
A Little Broken by Juli Valenti
A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
Bully by Penelope Douglas
Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The Summerhouse by Jude Devereaux
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins